Assorted ramblings, rants and raves about Music, Food, and Fast Cars

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Low car + 25mph + freak bump on the road = Ouch!

I hurt my downpipe really badly last Sunday. I drove over a freakishly high bump and the car took off with a gusto that would have bought me instant cred with the rally boys. Unfortunately, the dampers on my lowered car aren't valved for jumps and promptly bottomed the front of the car out on landing. The result is a damaged downpipe that'll cost $500 to replace. Put the car on a lift to check for any other damage. Finally decided to leave the downpipe as is - given the state of roads on the east coast the chances of the new one getting damaged too are pretty high.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A pic of the hooptie:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels