Assorted ramblings, rants and raves about Music, Food, and Fast Cars

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rents and Sickboy

I ran into Sickboy for the first time in 1994. Not surprisingly, the misfits that we were in school, we soon became friends. I started calling him Sickboy soon after we saw Trainspotting in 1996 given that he was a pervy little bugger. Sickboy well and truly is capable of anything…he once went out with two sisters for nearly 6 months before either found out…and the older one wanted to continue shagging him even after she found out, so he was more than happy to oblige her…he also had the habit of driving around town at two in the afternoon while getting shagged, said it did wonders for his digestion after lunch …the list of strange Sickboy tales go on and on. The fact that he doesn’t live by Victorian era BS morality makes me love him even more. Sickboy calls me Rents which was somehow apt since I’d just cleaned up my act right before we saw the movie (for those that haven’t seen Trainspotting, the character Rents is trying to kick his heroin addiction).

Sickboy is now a very well respected journalist and writes editorials and sports columns about the most boring of games – cricket. While the sport seems to send a nation of a billion people into a tizzy (that’s India if you haven’t figured it out by now), it never quite appealed to my pleb side and I always thought people who played it were tossers. Sickboy somehow managed to make a career out of it. Mad props to him for being able to do that.

So if you cats ever bump into him, stay a while and have a drink with him. Trust me you’ll get quite a few laughs out of the encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels