Assorted ramblings, rants and raves about Music, Food, and Fast Cars

Friday, August 17, 2007

12 hours and counting with a kid in the crib...

I like kids as long as they are someone elses - I'm not saying that I'm kid unfriendly or anything like that, just that after a while I tire of them and need to pass them on to some other care giver. That's why the kid belonging to someone else is crucial to my interaction with the kid - if I don't have an exit strategy (i.e. someone I can palm the kid off to), I won't go near the kid. You see I have this theory about men and their kids. Its sort of like my theory on marriage: men with kids will tell men without kids to have one, and when the hitherto-kid-less-guy has the kid, the first dad points to the new dad and says - Gotcha! I'm not a conspiracy nut, but all the evidence I've seen seems to point to this hypothesis.

Moosh's cousin is visiting us this weekend. They have a really cute son. I've spent 12 hours under the same roof with a kid so far and still haven't lost my mind yet. Maybe its because I know the kid will leave at the end of the weekend. Definitive end dates really do wonders for your patience I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels