Assorted ramblings, rants and raves about Music, Food, and Fast Cars

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I miss my turbo

When we moved to northern VA, I had to re-register my car and came across a new type of vehicle emissions check that only checked for existence of an OEM ECU rather than the actual emissions from the vehicle. This is what happens when nut case ecomentalists try their hand at science - just because it says OEM on it doesn't mean its actually better than aftermarket. Infact aftermarket products are typically better than OEM as they aren't made with the cost constraints that OEM products are made with - people who buy aftermarket gear are prepared to pay to play. Needless to say VA inspections couldn't sync with my aftermarket Hondata engine management system that was needed for turbo charging my car. The final verdict? Bye bye turbo, hello high compression. Driving a high strung, naturally aspirated car is fun, but man do I miss the acceleration of a turbo charged car.

Power readings for my old set up:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Power readings for my current high compression set up:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm at half the power level from where I was before. Damn you VDOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels